|Aww ... is there anything more wonderful |
than discussing EU copyright in Brussels?
This is why on Tuesday 28 October I am organising a new event entitled The wonderful life of EU copyright law and policy, hosted in the Brussels offices of superstar law firm Allen & Overy.
The focus of this seminar will be on recent judicial, policy and legislative activity in our beloved EU copyright world.
- CJEU case law from the past year, including Case C-170/12 Pinckney, Case C-355/12 Nintendo, Case C-466/12 Svensson, Case C-351/12 OSA, Case C-314/12 Telekabel, Case C-435/12 ACI Adam, Case C-360/13 PRCA, Case C-201/13 Deckmyn [the latter will be discussed in great detail by Allen & Overy's chairman of the Global IP Group, Geert Glas], Case C-117/13 Ulmer.
- Impact of CJEU case law on national copyright laws, with a special focus on exceptions and limitations.
- Policy activity of the EU Commission, including the Public Consultation and the relevant Responses, and the leaked draft Impact Assessment and White Paper.
- Directive 2014/26/EU and the future of collective rights management.
- What to expect next, especially at the CJEU and Commission levels.
Places are limited (with some tickets available for full-time students) so to provide everybody with the opportunity to discuss fully the present and future of EU copyright law and policy.