|Looking for a copyright seminar in June?|
Interested in copyright law and policy? Wish to discuss recent developments with your fellow copyright enthusiasts?
On 12 June from 14:00 to 18:00 pm I am running another copyright event in London entitled (What's the Story) Copyright Glory? [have I infringed Oasis's copyright? Register and we can discuss that!]
Topics will include:
- Recent copyright decisions of the Court of Justice of the European Union, including Case C-360/13 Meltwater (Does internet browsing fall within the scope of copyright? We will know on 5 June 2014);
- Copyright revision around the world, including EU Commission's Public Consultation and leaked Impact Assessment;
- The parody, caricature and pastiche exception under UK and EU laws;
- Orphan works in the EU, UK and US;
- The Collective Rights Management Directive and the new landscape for collective rights management in the EU.
This event will be limited to 20 participants, so to provide everybody with the opportunity to discuss fully the present and future of copyright law and policy.
If you wish to register, just follow this link!
Would be interesting to see how copyright applies to the visual arts.
Might be more apropos to say that this is a possible trademark violation. Although their song title is not a registered trademark so far as I am aware, the title is clearly intended to recall the Oasis song. In reality of course I would hope that any infringement would be so trivial as to not be actionable.
Post a Comment